Monday, November 9, 2009

Trades for 11/9/09

Bad Trade
Sold QID I bought on 11/5 for a 6% loss.  This was a bet on the NASDAQ going down.  I had a 6% stop loss set on it that triggered mid morning.

Good Trade
Sold FAS I bought on 11/6 for an 11.75% gain.  This was a leverage bet that Financial stocks going to go up.  I had a stop in that locked in a 6% gain, but figured I'd book the whole thing near the end of the day.

Trade for Tomorrow?
Based on the huge jump in financials today, I though I'd buy some FAZ, on a feeling that there might be some profit taking tomorrow.  FAZ is an inverse leveraged bet on Financials, ie if the sector goes down, FAZ goes up.  I have a 4% stop loss set on it.  This buy is about half the size of the position I sold in FAS today.  I'd be happy if I could book 3%-4% here, and would look at locking in gains at that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment