Monday, December 28, 2009

The 2010 Mix - More Thoughts

Though I'm generally pretty happy with the new portfolio for 2010, there are a couple of things I'm thinking about in regards to it.


  • Do I have enough money allocated to cash?  Right now we are sitting at ~6.6%.  That seems a little low to me.  Even if Apple is sold (which I'm not hoping for), that will put me at about 11% cash position.  Is this enough to take advantage of opportunities that may arise?
  • What is the correct manner to use stop with the portfolio?  Are trailing stops better than normal one?  What percentage should the stops be set at?  Should it be the same value for everything?  Am I prepared to lose 10%, or 15% through the use of stops.  I guess I would be if the market drops more than the stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment